Reformed Churchmen

We are Confessional Calvinists and a Prayer Book Church-people. In 2012, we remembered the 350th anniversary of the 1662 Book of Common Prayer; also, we remembered the 450th anniversary of John Jewel's sober, scholarly, and Reformed "An Apology of the Church of England." In 2013, we remembered the publication of the "Heidelberg Catechism" and the influence of Reformed theologians in England, including Heinrich Bullinger's Decades. For 2014: Tyndale's NT translation. For 2015, John Roger, Rowland Taylor and Bishop John Hooper's martyrdom, burned at the stakes. Books of the month. December 2014: Alan Jacob's "Book of Common Prayer" at: http://www.amazon.com/Book-Common-Prayer-Biography-Religious/dp/0691154813/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417814005&sr=8-1&keywords=jacobs+book+of+common+prayer. January 2015: A.F. Pollard's "Thomas Cranmer and the English Reformation: 1489-1556" at: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Cranmer-English-Reformation-1489-1556/dp/1592448658/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420055574&sr=8-1&keywords=A.F.+Pollard+Cranmer. February 2015: Jaspar Ridley's "Thomas Cranmer" at: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Cranmer-Jasper-Ridley/dp/0198212879/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422892154&sr=8-1&keywords=jasper+ridley+cranmer&pebp=1422892151110&peasin=198212879

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Paula White Ministres Responds to Linne's Rap on TBN Prosperity Hustlers/Hucksters

http://wadeoradio.com/paul-white-ministries-responds-to-shai-linnes-fale-teacher-song/?fb_source=pubv1

 

Paula White Ministries Responds to Shai Linne’s Fal$e Teacher$ Song

 

In an effort to allow both sides of the shai linne “Fal$e Teacher$” conversation to equally voice their opinion, Wade-O Radio requested responses from each of the 12 preachers called out in the song.
 
On Wednesday, a representative of PaulaWhite.org e-mailed Wade-O Radio an open letter from Paula White’s son, Brad, addressed to shai linne in response to his song Fal$e Teacher$. The unedited letter is below.
 
(For all blogs and website’s wishing to repost this, please refrain from posting the letter in its entirety. We ask that you publish a portion and link back to this article. For more info please see our permissions policy – Thanks)
 
______________________________
Dear Shai Linne,
 
My attention was recently brought to your new single “Fal$e Teacher$” in which you say, “Paula White is a false teacher”.
 
This rhetoric is not new to me; I have heard it since I was a child. It is commonplace in our lives to be called “heretics”, “false teachers”, and “wolves”. Although “wolf” is vicious, it is still better than the oft heard cries of “whore”, “daughter of Babylon”, and “servants of Satan” that so often come from the mouths of our ‘Christian’ brothers and sisters.
 
My interest in this is because I am Paula White’s son. I also manage her ministry Paula White Ministries. One would think that hearing these accusations all my life would make me numb to their stings… but that is not the case. After all, it is my mother. This is the woman who birthed me, nurtured me, raised me to love Jesus, prayed for me when I didn’t, and patiently led me when I finally embraced the truth of His loving sacrifice. So when I hear a fellow Christian leader, whom has never had a conversation with me or my mother, call her a “Fal$e Teacher” I wonder what “Fal$e Teaching$” I myself have been inculcated with since I, more than anyone else on the face of the earth, have been most exposed to her teachings.
 
Is it the love of money? Working well over 40 hours a week for a yearly salary of $44,200 is not a bad living, and I am thankful that I have the ability to take care of my wife and myself. However, it is far from greed. My position in any other company would offer me well over 6 figures a year. Yet I am not taking up offers or knocking on doors. I forego money for the opportunity to work for a ministry that I believe in, a ministry that I witness daily changing lives across the globe. Including and especially the continent of Africa you gave a shout out too.
 
Is it false doctrine? I love Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who atoned for my sins. I worship the Trinitarian Godhead with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength, and all my mind. I believe it is my responsibility to teach the world the beautiful truth that Jesus Christ is God and that he has given us the opportunity to be in eternal fellowship with the Creator of the Universe. Undeserved Grace through Faith saves me.
 
Am I a heretic? My mother taught me these things. These are things she teaches whenever she speaks. Where is her heresy? Where are her “Fal$e Teaching$”?
 
You referenced 2 Peter 2 in your song, yet can you find one, even one instance in which my mother has “denied our sovereign Lord”? You cannot because it has never happened.
 
You also reference Matthew 7:16. To this I say, please come see our fruit. Come see the fruit my mother has borne. Visit the churches we assist in Haiti after the devastating earthquake they experienced. Come visit our church and our people and ask them to tell you the impact Paula White has had on their lives. Spend time with us as we visit the prisons and feed the hungry, just as Christ commissioned us. Sit with my mother and talk to her about your concerns and then see if they are validated.
 
Right now, your song “Fal$e Teacher$” is pure cannibalization without Biblical precedence. The Bible instructs us Christians how to handle faults in Matthew 18:15-17. Telling us to go to one another with our grievances. Instead, you have chosen to air your grievances to an audience that will already agree with you. Are you really doing right and protecting the sheep? Or are you creating more embitterment, more division and misunderstanding based on faulty premises and biases that you display openly?
 
We have never received a phone call or an email from you here at Paula White Ministries. You have never reached out to us and asked us to talk to you. Instead you simply called my mother a “Fal$e Teacher” with money signs in the name to emphasize a point you cannot justify. Instead you imply that she is a wolf, sent to devour the sheep. You imply that my mother, the very mother that prayed and wept unto God that He would extend His mercy and grace to her lost son, is damned as a heretic.
 
I pray you re-evaluate your stance. As of now, you are not operating according to the guidance of Matthew 7:16. You instead are falling into the trap that Titus 3:10-11 and Romans 16:17 warns us against.
 
-Prayerfully
Brad Knight
 

No comments: